Just a quick summary for those wondering:
- Master of Arts: Broadcast Journalism (Merit) [BJTC accredited] [City, University of London, 2013-2014]
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours): Celebrity Journalism (2:1) [NCTJ accredited] [Staffordshire University, 2010-2013]
- 80 words-per-minute Teeline Shorthand.
- Fully educated on essential media law regarding both print and broadcast.
- IT Software: Highly proficient with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Writing: Despite currently working 9-5, I still find time to freelance remotely and after hours for all of the sites listed above, and I am throughly committed to deadlines. Additionally, I am an efficient copywriter and content writer, I have also written content for high profile music apps and various software. I also write creatively on the side, including poetry. Please drop me an email for further information.
- Reporting: Reported from events such as the X Factor auditions, numerous concerts, gigs, live shows, and festivals. Also included live blogging and tweeting events for various media organisations when first on the scene.
- Blogging: Avid user of WordPress, Blogger and Tumblr. Currently run two main blogs, one private and one personal for travel and various think-pieces, please see blog tab for more details. Previously co-created entertainment blog MissFlawless.net (#WhoIsMissFlawless), which had support from music stars such as Jay Sean, Alexandra Burke, Jamelia, Stooshe, May7ven, Dora Martin, Terri Walker, and members of Beyonce’s creative team. Blog is currently offline whilst we rebrand and re-launch, tbc.
- Interviewing: Interviewed various celebrities and music stars. Also once interviewed Beyoncé during her ‘A Night with Beyoncé’ special for ITV in 2011. See tab for more details.
- TV Presenting: Regularly present, edit and produce my own interviews with celebrities for the likes of Yahoo! News and ITV. Additionally presented various bulletins and news reports on University television.
- Radio Presenting: Currently present my own weekly radio show on local station, Fresh Coventry & Warwickshire, where I showcase the latest R&B music, interview guests and live callers to an area of 800,000 people. Additionally presented several shows and news bulletins on university radio.
- Filming: Currently have access to a Panasonic HC-VX870EB-K 4K ultra HD camcorder, including a tripod and external microphone for interviews at short notice.
- Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro: Able user of both programmes.
- Audio: Able user of all general audio equipment. Comfortable broadcasting in radio stations, be it news bulletins or presenting. Familiar with both Burli, PlayItLive and various editing software such as Audacity.
- Photography: Photography was initially a hobby I had gradually started investing in, however, photos of mine have appeared in national newspapers (see tab for details). Comfortable using SLR camera’s, including Nikon, Canon and Fujifilm.
- Adobe Photoshop: Thoroughly efficient in using Photoshop for everything from editing and manipulating images to creating magazine front covers. Please see the Design tab for some of my magazine work created with Photoshop.
- QuarkXPress: Confident using Quark to create newspaper and magazine pages to a professional print standard. Please see the Design tab for some of my work created with QuarkXPress.
- Social Media: Daily user of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Youtube.
- Miscellaneous: Full, clean UK driving licence.
Currently freelance for:
- Yahoo! News
- The Independent
- The Huffington Post
- MTV Voices
- The Tempest
- Marie Claire
- The Metro
For anything else, please contact me.